How do I register my dog/cat under the Companion Animals Act 1998?

Before registering your pet, it must be microchipped first. This must be done by a Veterinarian or by an Authorised Private Implanter. Registration is then to be made at Council's Office or on-line through the NSW Companion Animals Register portal. Please ensure that you bring a copy of the microchip form with you when registering your pet.

Click to view the 2022-23 Registration and Annual Permits(PDF, 425KB), for registration of your dog/cat.