COUNCIL NEWS 2 OCTOBER 2019
Dates to Note
Friday 4 October 2019 - Recycling Collection (Grenfell East) Monday 7 October 2019 - Recycling Collection (Grenfell West)
Friday 4 October 2019 – Grenfell Hospital Auxiliaries
WEDDIN SHIRE COUNCIL
GRENFELL AQUATIC CENTRE
The Grenfell Aquatic Centre will open for the 2019/2020 swim season from Monday 30 September – Sunday 29 March 2019 with hours being:
Monday to Thursday: 6.00am – 8.00am, 10.00am – 1.00pm, 3.00pm – 7.00pm
Friday: 6.00am – 8.00am, 10.00am – 1.00pm, 3.00pm – 6.00pm
Saturday: 6.00am – 8.00am, 10.00am – 7.00pm
Sunday: 11.00am – 7.00pm
Public Holidays: 11.00am – 7.00pm
Christmas School Holidays Opening Hours during the week: Monday to Thursday: 6.00 – 8.00am, 10.00 – 7.00pm Friday: 6.00 – 8.00am, 10.00 – 6.00pm
WEDDIN SHIRE COUNCIL
ALCOHOL FREE ZONE (S.644 LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT)
Notice is hereby given that Council resolved at the Ordinary Meeting 19th September 2019, to declare Alcohol Free Zones over the following Streets in Grenfell from 1st October 2019 to 30th September 2023.
- The following areas be re-established as alcohol free zones at all times:
- Main Street from the intersection of Camp and Grafton Streets including Rygate Square to Burrangong Street, excluding the pedestrian footway under the projecting verandah on the western end of the premises known as the Railway Hotel, between Main Street and George Street Grenfell.
- Burrangong Street from Main Street to Weddin Street
- Weddin Street from Burrangong Street to Camp Street
- George Street from Grafton Street to Short Street
- Forbes Street from Camp Street to George Street
- Teston Street from Main Street to George Street
- Nash Street footway from Main Street to George Street
- Short Street from Burrangong Street to George Street
- Unnamed footway/ lane running south from Dalton Street between George Street and Main Street
- The following area is an alcohol free zone between the hours of 10pm and 9am:
- the pedestrian footway under the projecting verandah on the western end of the premises known as the Railway Hotel, between Main Street and George Street Grenfell.
- The following area is re-established as alcohol free zones at all times:
- Cross Street from North Street to Melyra Street Forbes Street from George Street to North Street Melyra Street from Cross Street to Forbes Street
The zones are enforceable under Section 642 & 644 of the Local Government Act 1993.
PO BOX 125
ACTING GENERAL MANAGER