To find the right self-assessment checklist you will need to know a few things about your pool:
- When was it built or installed?
- If the pool fence or means of access to the pool was substantially rebuilt or altered, when did that last occur?
- What type of pool do you have - indoor? spa pool? outdoor? portable?
- Was the pool built before 1 July 2010. If so, the rules are different if you have:
- a waterfront property,
- a small-sized property (less than 230 square metres)
- or a large property (over 2 hectares)